Tonight, the festival of San Remo starts. The winner of the contest can be the Italian representant in the Eurovision Song Contest. That means, if he, she or they want it. All the participants had to inform Italian television (RAI) already about their wish to participate…. or not. The show starts at 20.40 CET and you can watch it here.
This first night, 13 songs will be presented:
- Achille Lauro, “Domenica”
- Ana Mena, “Duecentomila ore”
- Dargen d’Amico, “Dove si balla”
- Gianni Morandi, “Apri tutte le porte”
- Giusy Ferreri, “Miele”
- La rappresentante di Lista, “Ciao ciao”
- Mahmood & Blanco, “Brividi”
- Massimo Ranieri, “Lettera al di là del mare”
- Michele Bravi, “Inferno dei fiori”
- Noemi, “Ti amo, non lo so dire”
- Rkomi, “Insuperabile”
- Yuman, “Ora e qui”
Achille Lauro took part in San Remo 2019 and 2020.
Gianni Morandi won Canzonissima 1970 and thus represented Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest. He also took part in Canzonissima 1971 and 1973 and won San Remo 1988 but did not represent Italy in that year.
Giusy Ferreri took part in San Remo 2011 and 2017.
La rappresentante di Lista took part in San Remo 2021.
Mahmood won San Remo 2019 and represented Italy in the Eurovision Song Contest.
Michele Bravi participated in San Remo 2017.
Noemi took part in San Remo 2012, 2016, 2018 and 2021.
Note that we only listed participations in San Remo in years that the Eurovision entrant was chosen from the contest.